Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I'm Still a Pain

Oh bummer, I am still having pain in my side. It is not terrible, but it's not long-term tolerable, either. It's enough that it's a constant little soundtrack in my brain, "ouch...ouch...ouch..."

Tomorrow morning I will have a HIDA scan (hepato biliary scan) to check the function of my gallbladder. Apparently, they shoot some radioactive stuff into your vein and track it as it moves through your gallbladder - it's a LONG test! Like two and a half hours long. Oy.

Tomorrow afternoon, I'm having a surgical consult for the tubal ligation and uterine ablation that I've been planning. This is the consult with the doctor who actually does surgeries, unlike my GYN, who no longer does surgery or OB stuff.

Here's my plan. What I am hope, hope, hoping for is that my gallbladder is just the most perfectly functioning little organ you've ever met. And the pain I'm having is some odd muscle strain. If I do have to have my gallbladder out, though, I am really, really hoping to consolidate the two surgical procedures into the same visit. Then I would have only one anesthesia, one recovery time, one chunk of missed time from work.

The GYN's office assures me this is not an impossible dream. They have coordinated other surgical procedures in the past. As far as available dates, though, it is looking like I'd have to wait until late January.

Which means I need my gallbladder to cooperate. Or not be a sickly little gallbladder at all.

Anyway, so I'll double up on the appointments tomorrow and hopefully get some answers. Let's all pray for a healthy gallbladder, shall we? :)

On the dating front...meh. I am feeling a bit inconvenienced with the whole dating thing, because I'm not feeling all that well, my daughter is staying at home during winter break (and thus I can't go out for a long evening), etc. This is the problem with single-parent dating. It's really hard to juggle a schedule, and you have to keep the kiddos first. We are supposed to go out tomorrow night, but I am already *this close* to canceling. Then you've got Christmas and such...it is feeling like rather a bother right now.

We'll see. For now, I'm just sort of playing it by ear, but sadly, my pain has been increasing all day and I am really just looking forward to going home and curling up in front of the TV. Going out on a date tomorrow, at this point, anyway, seems like an awful lot of effort that I'm not so interested in making.

3 comments:

  1. Ow, you must be in pain if you don't want to go out on a date! Poor thing, I hope you get this all figured out ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, sending you ~~~HEALTHY GALLBLADDER~~~ vibes!!! (those little tilde's are my vibes, cute right?)

    Good luck on the dating front, I think I'm inclined to agree with you about it being a bother this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your appointments go well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete