I have been thinking today about goals I'd like to set for myself. I'm very gold-star oriented. :) So it will behoove me to have some fun goals in mind to mark my progress. I'll have to figure out a cute way of tracking them on the blog, too!
I am 63 inches tall and we're calling 263 my starting weight. It's a bit less than that now, but it has fluctuated, so I'm just picking a starting point!
Ideas so far:
- Weight limit of a Little Giant ladder (250 pounds)
- 25 pounds lost (238 pounds)
- 10% of body weight lost (236.7 pounds)
- Less than 100 pounds to lose (227.5 pounds)
- Passing from "Extremely Obese" to "Obese" (less than 40 BMI) (225 pounds)
- Weight limit to ride a burro into the Grand Canyon (220 pounds)
- 50 pounds (213 pounds)
- Breaking the two hundred pound barrier (199.9 pounds)
- BMI less than 35 (out of "Obesity Class II") (197 pounds)
- 75 pounds lost (188 pounds)
- Surgeon's Goal: 65% Excess Weight Lost (183 pounds)
- Reaching my driver's license weight (180 pounds)
- Passing from "obesity" to "overweight" (169 pounds)
- 100 pounds lost! (163 pounds)
- Beat the Surgeon's Goal 85% Excess Weight Lost (158.5 pounds)
- A buck and a half (150 pounds)
- Weight limit to ride a Razor scooter (143 pounds)
- Passing from "overweight" to "normal" BMI (140.5 pounds)
- Reaching goal weight (128 pounds)*
*So, I have to pick a goal weight, and I can't remember the last time I weighed anywhere in the 120s. I was trying to pick a number, and I decided, in honor of my good friend and motivator Kim, I would pick a BMI of '23,' her favorite number since the beginning of time, I think, or from her high school basketball jersey, at least!