Friday, January 14, 2011

Recuperation! Yay!

I'm going to keep this brief, because although I was warned many times, if you touch the nausea patch behind your ear and then rub your face or eyes, you will dilate your eyes - and they will stay that way for a long time! I can see everything distance, but I can't read or type worth a damn. Hope this goes away soon!

The sugery was a great success! I am feeling very good. The nurse at the hospital said I win the award for best looking post-surgery ever! :) I was up and around as soon as I could be, about 3 hours after I left the recovery room.

I got discharged yesterday afternoon and I am hanging out at my friend's house for a couple days. We are kicking back watching the America's Next Top Model marathon. I don't expect I'll want to take any pain meds today.

I am, however, learning the hard way that you *must* take tiny sips! I took a regular sized drink while I was yapping with my friend, and it sat (still sits) in my stomach like a ball of lead. Yuk!

Otherwise, all is well! Everyone said I did awesomely with the surgery - I feel really good. We're going out walking later, too.

I'll be back online soon!

5 comments:

  1. So glad you have good news to report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are through the surgery! Rest, sip, rest, sip, yay for not needing pain meds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear that you're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your surgery went well. Hope you have a fast and easy recovery!

    ReplyDelete