Monday, February 28, 2011

Baarrrfff.

My sleeve may be tiny, but it is getting much more tolerant of a variety of foods. Yay! What it will not tolerate, however, is stupidity. I took the kids through the McDonald's drive-through for drinks. I wanted something sugar free for myself, so opted for a diet coke, instead of the non-carbonated lemonade, after I saw it was not Minute Maid light, as I had expected. I needed to take my pills.

Erf. Well, I took the pills with a few drinks of pop. It burned. It was miserable. And then the puking. "Foamies," they're called on the weight loss surgery forums. Not puking. Something indescribable. I sound like I'm yakking up a hairball. Yucky, bizarre foam.

No more pop. BLECH!! Oh, that was awful.

Oh! On a positive note, I walked on the treadmill for an hour. Three miles exactly. I did not want to go. My sweet daughter called me at work this afternoon and volunteered to have dinner ready when I got home if I would take her to the gym. Who could resist such an offer?? She made the boys chicken nuggets and frozen veggies with cheese sauce. She made a beautiful salad for the two of us: lettuce, cashews, apple, gorgonzola cheese and a huckleberry vinagrette dressing. I added sliced chicken to mine. YUM!

Last night I made salad for dinner - I copied Panera's Thai Chicken Salad (from website: chicken, romaine, wonton strips, a blend of fire-roasted edamame, red bell pepper and carrot tossed in a Thai Chili Vinaigrette. Topped with strips of seasoned grilled chicken, Thai cashews, fresh cilantro and a peanut sauce drizzle). Delish.

3 comments:

  1. Your sweet daughter is awesome. I love it when mine makes dinner while I'm working out. You are running out of excuses not to workout missy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not had soda since Sept. 2010...I guess this is probably a good reason to NOT have it. Ick. Thanks for giving me a reason to steer clear. Oh and that IS sweet that your dd made dinner, love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was told soda is off the list for me and my RNY pouch and I'm cool with that. I guess the bubbles that come from carbonation are bad. I gave up soda in November and honestly don't miss it. I'm still ordering water when I'm out. If I ever do cheat, it would be with a swig of unsweet tea. Sorry you had to learn about foamies - they sound terrible!

    ReplyDelete