Thursday, August 2, 2012

We Runners Stick Together

My friend is trying her hand at online dating, and one of the men she's matched with has a photo of him running a race here in Seattle. (Not sure if it's a marathon or "only" a half-marathon, bahahaha - see my tirade in a previous post) Anyway, I told her to go ahead and contact him, he looks nice and as a fellow runner, I'm sure he's a wonderful person, full of energy, commitment and passion.

Oh, I have self-diagnosed myself with ITBS. This afternoon I have an appointment with my awesomesauce massage therapist, who has been helping me with my shoulder injury. I will ask her to turn her bad-ass hands loose on my IT band and work her magic. It's kind of sad: I really can't run right now without aggravating it. In fact, I can't really walk down the steep hill to my bus stop without aggravating it. I'll be following the recommendations on the page I linked to, above. Most especially, I'll be heading out to get a foam roller this evening, as that, and ice, feel like what will help the most. (I'm not a doctor, but I watch them on TV.)

I really hope this doesn't screw up my plans to run that 5K on 8/18 with my daughter. Grr. I've sort of goofed up my running training by jumping right into that half-marathon last month. But jumping right into that half-marathon was exactly what spurred me into being really interested in running! It's a real chicken or the egg thing, I suppose.

Don't mind me...I am T-I-R-E-D and a bit loopy. :) I attended a lunch time seminar (food allergens and testing) and I actually fell asleep in the crowded conference room! Not sure what's going on. I can tell you, however, that I *completely* forgot that I am dairy- and gluten-free this week and I got a taco salad with cheese and sour cream. O-M-G I am so lactose intolerant! Puffed up like a holiday parade float.

Note to gassy, bloated self. You are lactose intolerant.
My nearly seven-year-old needs a root canal, his father told me this morning. Who knew they did root canals on baby teeth? Why does he need a root canal? Oy, this child's teeth are made of putty, I tell you. Not even seven and we have spent a fortune on his teeth. Apparently, pulling a baby tooth molar is bad news, creating all sorts of problems regarding tooth spacing as his permanent molars come in in several years. I didn't have him at the dentist, so I'm getting second hand information. Both X and my daughter report that the little guy was up most of the night screaming and/or crying in pain from a tooth infection.

*Yawn.* Is it the weekend yet?

4 comments:

  1. Have you spoken to your doctor? It's easy to self diagnose, but the internet isn't always correct. In the meantime, I hope everything works out with the massage therapist and that you're able to run the 5K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my daughter had a root canal when she was almost 4. She has a silver cap on it that will come off when her adult tooth pushes through.

    No itband issue - NO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a doctor, but I watch them on TV...thanks for the laugh today. I seriously hope that issue clears up because it sounds PAINFUL!!! Sorry about your little guy, dental issues for kids is never any fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever tried an elimination diet? I did that to see what I was sensitive to... no wheat, no dairy, no sugar. Add things back in one at a time--both dairy and wheat hate me, and I still eat them, but at least I know!

    ReplyDelete