Friday, October 26, 2012

Huffington Post Live Interview - Cuh-razy, Man!

Okay, that was fun! Here's the video:



Crazy nerve-wracking! I had set up in a conference room at work and we had done an equipment test this morning. I had to download Google+ to my iPhone, since we were using the "hangout" video chat feature. Everything worked fine this morning (after some setup glitches). However, this afternoon, right before the interview, they decided my signal strength wasn't good enough, and I had to scramble to find another conference room with a land line.

They didn't prep us much before the interview. I didn't know what questions they were going to ask, or what order we'd go in, or the general format, etc. So it was all a surprise! During the interview, I couldn't tell if I was on screen or not, haha, so if I'm making crazy faces, it wasn't on purposes.

HOW THE HECK DID I GET FEATURED IN AN INTERVIEW WITH TWO ABSTINENT WOMEN?

Variety is the spice of life, haha, it takes all kinds, I guess. ;)

That was too fun. I got a little rambly, but hey, what the heck, I do that in person, too. :)

7 comments:

  1. You did great! Buffering made me about 10 minutes behind the live version. I noticed there were a lot of comments about what it was on the wall behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did GREAT!! So neat that you got asked to talk about this. Good for you for knowing that you deserve better!! No one should make you feel bad about your journey. You have come SOOO far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Julie! I love what you said about being more comfortable the further out you get and that Greg will never *know* the old Julie because you barely remember her yourself! Cool that you did this and totally funny that the other 2 women were abstinent. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you were great. Well done. I can't ever imagine being brave enough to do something like that. And the woman is right. Give yourself some credit loosing 130 lbs in an INCREDIBLE achievement. Go you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED it! I saw the humor too, in being on the panel with two abstinent women. lol. You were definitely the most articulate and interesting of the group! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesomes! How crazy that you got to participate in that dicussion.

    ReplyDelete