Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Chubby Bunny! Not Obese!





Goodbye to the 260s, 250s, 240s, 230s, 220s, 210s, 200s, 190s, 180s, 170s, 160s...

Woooo-freaking-hooooo!! Hells no, I'm not "OBESE" anymore, I am merely "OVERWEIGHT!" Who would have thought a one pound loss this morning would have me feeling so good? I would have, that's who! Besides onederland and goal, getting out of that godforsaken "obese" category is my biggest milestone. Heck, maybe bigger than both of those! Onederland was such a mental mindset, the pain and shame of weighing over 200 pounds at only 5'3"...goal is such an elusive place, since you know DARN WELL that I will be rocking it when I am approaching, but not yet meeting, goal.

Heck, it doesn't matter! Overweight! What a wonderful feeling! Bounce, bounce, bounce!!

What an amazing journey - I am so pleased. As I am adjusting to my new body, I am turning an (unfairly) critical eye on myself more and more often. Look at this saggy, baggy skin, look how much weight I still have to lose, etc.

This whole blog has been a celebration of my progress, but it's also been a forum for agonizing over the imperfections. Today is all about how incredibly far I've come in my health in such a very short time. YAY ME!!

There is a Judy Blume book - oh, I cannot think of which one it was...there was a very buxom girl in it with a nickname...can't remember that, either. But looking at these pictures made me think of that book. ;)


And yes, I am wearing yoga pants and a t-shirt to work. Sabrina, my invisible fight club friend (@Amy!) made me put on her earrings before she'd take a picture, haha.

9 comments:

  1. Yay you! Now cross it off on that list over to the right. Very, very excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!! What a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - I can't wait myself. It is so close, but I am in the post-ovulation, pre-period upswing that is so crappy!
    Soon, my fine feathered friend, soon I will be joining you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!! Awesome job! Totally can't wait to join you in thd land of the no-longer obese!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Julie!! I'm so thrilled for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading your blog post reminded me to see how close I am to overweight. It turns out I've been "just overweight" for 2 weeks and didn't realize it because I didn't look at my BMI! Yahoo for us!! I just found out and I can't even believe it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! I just passed that mark, too, of being "no longer obese"! Such a great feeling! You are doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all very much for the comments!! :) Congrats to all the other "overweight" and soon-to-be overweight girls! :)

    ReplyDelete