Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Workout Update - 5/21 - 5/27

Let me just say that I was none too pleased that my tight-jeans seemed to be my super-tight-jeans when I put them on this morning. As in, almost decided not to wear them tight. But I persevered. And it will pay off in the end, because here's my workout summary from last week:

5/21 - 35 min and 2.51 miles
5/22 - 35 min and 2.65 miles
5/23 - rest
5/24 - 35 min and 2.82 miles
5/25 - 35 min and 2.96 miles
5/26 - 35 min and 3.01 miles
5/27 - 35 min and 3.11 miles


That's a total of 17.06 miles and 210 minutes on the treadmill last week, woohoo! I've been doing walking for a minute at 4.5 mph, then running at 5.5 - 6.5 mph for a minute. Early in the week, I was walking for two minutes, then running for one. Toward the end of the week, it was walk/run in minute intervals. It was a little exhausting - I am not sure what I'll be able to do this week, but it is fun to push myself!

Besides the treadmill, I also worked out on the machines for 30-45 minutes each time. I am not keeping track of that, yet, anyway. My approach is that I must use at least four machines, and I typically do three sets of 10 of whatever. I do 100 abdominal crunches on the machine every time, too. Other than that, it's whatever machine looks interesting at the time. :)

My 13yo daughter happily joined me for every single workout. She does 35 hard minutes on the elliptical. Isn't that funny - she loves the elliptical and hates the treadmill. I do a couple minutes on the elliptical and I am EXHAUSTED. Well, I haven't tried the elliptical since rejoining the YMCA, but that was my experience in the past.

My 11yo son joined us for the last several workouts. By Sunday, he was begging not to go. His legs are sore. This is how he tried to avoid joining us on Sunday:

Alli and I told him to suck it up.
I finally dragged his whiney butt out the door and he was able to do the treadmill. I hope his attitude improves, because I have to say, with Alli and I cheering each other on, it is much more fun to head out the door to work out. Blake was "playing around" about not wanting to go, but it was tiresome. I need more enthusiastic work out partners, haha. He'll be glad he did it: football conditioning starts next week. Now THERE'S a work out for you, buddy! Twenty minutes on the treadmill will look like a stroll on the beach.

3 comments:

  1. I only had 16 miles last week, total. I think you beat me. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ the curled up "don't make me go" pose! You are doing awesome! That is how I started running. Walk 5 mins. run 2. Then I upped the running part to 3, 5, 10 and now I can run for 15 minutes. YES. I start at 6.5 for a good couple of 5 minutes, then crank it back to 5.5 and finally 5 for the end. Good times, yes indeedy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! You are kicking butt on the workouts!

    ReplyDelete